Summer Vacation 2007: Napa and Six Flags
Richard and Tricia's House, Napa, CA (July 15-16)
- Swam in the community pool at Richard and Tricia's house
- Rode big roller coasters (for the big people) and little rides (for the little people) at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
- Walked through the Shark Experience aquarium
- Watched the trained dolphin show
- Emily and Ariana rode an elephant
- Crystal, Ariana, and Rachelle rode the Skycoaster, a giant swing
- Saw the Spirit of Shouka whale show
I rode the Road Runner Express, a small roller coaster, with Emily. She kept saying "Whee!" as we flew up and down the hills. When we disembarked, Emily wanted to keep riding. She said, "More whee! More wheee!"
The animal shows proved how talented dolphins and whales can be. The dolphins can leap several feet in the air. Both can be trained to perform a mind-boggling range of behaviors on command. One of these behaviors is swimming along the edge of the pool and splashing the audience. Rachelle was splashed thoroughly during the whale show.
Rachelle volunteered to pull the ripcord that released the swing when she, Ariana, and Crystal road the Skycoaster. She was instructed to pull the cord when the operator counted to three. He counted to three, and nothing happened. She inquired, "What?" Everyone yelled at her to pull the cord, and finally she got the idea and released the swing.
Rachelle and Ariana rode a ride called Cargo Queen with Emily and Cheyenne. The teenagers taught the younger kids to raise their arms and scream just like the teenagers would scream while riding a roller coaster. How adorable!
All of the older riders loved the Velocity roller coaster. It shoots riders to a speed of about 70 miles per hour in a fraction of a second.
Posted by Greg on September 4, 2007 at 5:00PM.